Access and facilities
At Woolwich Works, we're working hard to ensure that as many people as possible can access our site and our events.
Some of our programme may include certain assisted formats such as:
- Captioned performances for deaf, deafened or hard of hearing audiences
- Audio-described performances for blind and visually impaired people, with headsets provided for those who require them
- Relaxed performances for visitors who may require a more flexible experience and environment, with free movement in and out of the theatre, and reduced lighting and other effects. These performances are designed for anyone with an autistic spectrum condition, sensory or communication disorders and learning disabilities.
To find out when we will be putting on these specific events please join our access mailing list, by creating an account. These assisted formats will also be advertised when shows go on sale online.
All our visitor services staff will be trained to support people with access needs, and we’re working with Attitude is Everything to ensure that Woolwich Works is an accessible venue. We’re also a Disability Confident employer.
Help On Site & Useful Information
- Guide and assistance dogs are welcome. If you’d like to bring your guide dog to a performance, please let us know when booking and we can either book a space, or provide a staff member to look after your guide dog. You let us know what you would prefer.
- We have an automatic door at the main entrance to the Fireworks Factory that leads to the Visitors' Book Café and Workers' Bar, as well as the Main Space and our other performance and events spaces. There’s level access throughout the building. Our courtyard also has level access, but does have a stone chip surface covering the centre of the space. These should be navigable in a wheelchair, it's just worth noting as we appreciate everyone has different needs.
- There are three lifts in the building to allow access to our studios on the first floor.
- Strobe lighting is rarely used in our performances. Should an event feature strobe lighting, this information is available on the event page of our website and displayed at the auditorium entrance.
There are a number of accessible toilets throughout the building.
- Gender neutral toilets are available on the ground floor by our café.
- We have a Changing Places room on the ground floor by our café, for the exclusive use of disabled people who need personal assistance to use the toilet. You can access the room by talking to our staff on the welcome desk, at our main entrance.
- Baby changing facilities are located on the ground floor, in the main entrance lobby opposite the welcome desk.
- There are hearing assistance systems in the Main Space, smaller performance spaces, rehearsal studios, box office and bars.
- There is a braille and tactile wayfinding system throughout the building.
If you experience any issues when booking or would like further assistance, please email us at email@example.com or phone our Box Office team at 020 8035 8835.
Our Box Office phone lines are open 9.00am - 5.00pm Monday to Sunday.
Outside of these hours, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will get back to you soon.