Skip to main content
Help On Site & Useful Information
Moving around the building
- We have an automatic door at the main entrance that leads to the Visitors' Book Café and Workers' Bar, as well as the Main Space and our other performance and events spaces.
- There’s level access throughout the building, including through to floor-level seats in the Fireworks Factory and into the Café. Our outdoor courtyard also has level access, but does have a stone chip surface covering the centre of the space. These should be navigable in a wheelchair, it's just worth noting as we appreciate everyone has different needs.
- There are three lifts in the building to allow access to our studios and performance spaces on the first floor.
- Our café is dog-friendly except during evening shows, and guide and assistance dogs are welcome in all spaces. If you’d like to bring your guide dog to a performance, please let us know when booking and we can either book a space, or provide a staff member to look after your guide dog.
- Our team are here to support people with access needs wherever possible, and we have worked with Attitude is Everything to ensure that Woolwich Works is an accessible venue. We’re also a Disability Confident employer.
- There are hearing assistance systems in the Fireworks Factory, smaller performance spaces, rehearsal studios, box office and bars.
- There are braille and tactile wayfinding systems throughout the building.
- There are a number of accessible toilets throughout the building - on the ground floor, these are off the foyer by the main entrance doors and also by the café. Upstairs these are in Coopers Foyer, and by Beanfeast.
- Gender-neutral toilets are available on the ground floor by our café.
- We have a Changing Places room on the ground floor by our café, for the exclusive use of disabled people who need personal assistance to use the toilet. You can access the room by talking to our staff on the Welcome Desk, at our main entrance.
- Changing Places hoist information: Guldmann GH3 Lifting Module + Guldmann Lifting Hanger size M, Max weight: 200kg/ 440lbs. As the Changing Places consortium recommends, we advise that you bring your own sling for health & safety reasons.
- Baby changing facilities are located on the ground floor by the Visitors' Book Cafe and in the main entrance lobby opposite the Welcome Desk.