We were founded to benefit and contribute to our community. We’re busy making a place that enables people to realise their creative potential – whether they find it standing on stage or holding a saw.
Creativity comes in lots of different shapes and sizes. Maybe you’re a music lover, or perhaps you’re a natural people-person; a singer or a spreadsheet whizz. You don’t have to know about music, dance or theatre, or even be interested in them to find your place in our creative community. The creative industries were worth £111 billion to the UK economy in 2018, with arts and culture alone accounting for about 400,000 jobs. Most of those people aren’t seen on stage – this is a team effort. There’s a huge depth and breadth of talent behind every play, concert, gig, performance and event: carpenters, electricians, engineers, marketers, accountants, bartenders, cleaners, designers, administrators, receptionists... the opportunities are almost endless.
A place for everyone
Plenty of us love the arts, and different people enjoy them in different ways. Your passion might be for a particular artform, or artist. You might want to take part, or you might prefer to just watch and listen. You might just want to come in for a coffee. Perhaps you’ll find your niche in something you haven’t even discovered yet.
There are all sorts of ways to get involved, including:
- Shows and events - some of which will be free!
- Creative projects, classes and courses – on site and within schools and the community
- Schools performances and community events
- Choirs and ensembles
- Jam sessions, open mic nights, sharings and networking events
- Full-time, part-time and event-based jobs, all paying at least the London Living Wage
- Work experience and volunteering opportunities
- Access to facilities and professional support services
- A bustling café-bar, with a programme of informal performances, exhibitions and events
We can’t be everything to everyone, but our ambition is to offer something for anyone. As an enabling organisation, we look forward to working with you to build an exceptional, professional, inclusive, creative community.
If you’re interested in hearing more about our education and community programme, sign up to our mailing list.