Artist Open Call
Display your work at Woolwich Works
After a series of successful exhibitions in 2022, Woolwich Works are again collaborating with Art Hub Studios on a programme of annual exhibitions.
We want to support and encourage local creatives in displaying their work in a public space, while also championing important local and international initiatives.
Exhibitions in 2023 will explore themes including International Women’s Day, Pride and Black History Month. There will also be exhibition space dedicated to local artists.
How it works
Fill in the application form via the link below with the following details:
- Explain who you are and tell us about your work.
- Tell us about your artworks including details of medium (painting, collage, sculpture, video etc), materials and dimensions.
- Provide examples (up to 3 images).
What type of work will be selected?
We don’t want to put any limitations on artwork, but have a think about the points below:
- The space is open to the public including children, so there is a possibility of work getting damaged
- If your work is digital or video based, how will you show it?
- We will not display work that is offensive to others
Who can apply?
What if your work is chosen?
You will be contacted by email and asked to confirm your participation. Dates will be confirmed, and a time arranged for you to drop off and collect your work.
Is it FREE?
Yes, totally free, all you have to do is arrange drop off and collection of your work, we will do the rest, including hanging your work.
- We receive a huge number of inquiries, and we can’t promise that every person who applies will have a piece of work selected. We can however assure all applicants that every application will be looked at, with the aim to represent as broad a range of people as possible.
- Woolwich Works and Art Hub Studios will review applications twice a year to select artwork to showcase. Our next review date is Monday 3 July 2023 when we will review submissions for Black History Month and a celebration of local artists. If you have already submitted work, please feel free to resubmit work that you think would suit these exhibitions.
- There is no limit to how many times an artist can apply to exhibit their work.
- Data will be shared between Woolwich Works and Art Hub.
- Woolwich Works and Art Hub do not carry insurance for any artwork displayed at the venue
- If you have any questions, please use the ‘Questions?’ box on the form.
We look forward to seeing your work.
Submit an exhibition application using our Artist Application Form.