Creativity comes in lots of different shapes and sizes. Maybe you’re a music lover, or perhaps you’re a natural people-person; a singer or a spreadsheet whizz. You don’t have to know about music, dance or theatre, or even be interested in them to find your place in our creative community. The creative industries were worth £111 billion to the UK economy in 2018, with arts and culture alone accounting for about 400,000 jobs. Most of those people aren’t seen on stage – this is a team effort. There’s a huge depth and breadth of talent behind every play, concert, gig, performance and event: carpenters, electricians, engineers, marketers, accountants, bartenders, cleaners, designers, administrators, receptionists…… the opportunities are almost endless.
Plenty of us love the arts, and different people enjoy them in different ways. Your passion might be for a particular artform, or artist. You might want to take part, or you might prefer to just watch and listen. You might just want to come in for a coffee. Perhaps you’ll find your niche in something you haven’t even discovered yet.
When Woolwich Works opens there'll be all sorts of ways to get involved, including:
- Shows and events - some of which will be free!
- Creative projects, classes and courses – on site and within schools and the community
- Schools performances and community events
- Choirs and ensembles
- Jam sessions, open mic nights, sharings and networking events
- Full-time, part-time and event-based jobs, all paying at least the London Living Wage
- Work experience and volunteering opportunities
- Access to professional facilities and support services
- A bustling café bar, with a programme of informal performances, exhibitions and events
- Public spaces with permanent creative pieces telling some of the stories of people associated with Woolwich and the Royal Arsenal's rich history
We can’t be everything to everyone, but our ambition is to offer something for anyone. As an enabling organisation, we look forward to working with you to build an exceptional, professional, inclusive, creative community.
If you’re interested in hearing more about our education and community programme or want to be involved, then email us at email@example.com.