National Youth Jazz Orchestra (NYJO) have announced six new appointments including Chief Executive ahead of their move into their new home at Woolwich Works.
Joining the NYJO family from 1 July is Chief Executive Susie York Skinner, working alongside current Chair Nigel Tully. Susie will be joined by an exciting team of Musical Directors that will lead the programme delivering projects and activities benefiting young people across Greenwich, Lewisham and Woolwich.
The Musical Directors appointments are:
- Winston Clifford as NYJO LDN Advanced MD. Winston was born and raised in Islington, and has played and recorded with many artists from all over the world.
- Jas Kayser as NYJO LDN Intermediate MD. Jas is a British drummer and composer, who has featured in many bands and has a long running relationship with NYJO spanning close to a decade.
- Byron Wallen as NYJO LDN Creative Ensemble MD, in partnership with the Royal London Borough of Greenwich. Byron is widely recognised as a seminal figure in jazz as an acclaimed musician, writer and producer, with many awards to his name and strong ties to Woolwich.
- Sebastiaan De Krom as LDN Academy Big Band MD. Seb has performed with many well known names from the jazz world.
- Helena Debono as Academy Vocal Coach. Helena is a professional Jazz/Soul Singer who was a NYJO vocalist for two years and regularly gigs around the UK
NYJO was founded in 1965 as a jazz orchestra of young musicians. Today, it nurtures talented, aspiring musicians at the start of their careers and aims to improve jazz education across the country.
We're thrilled to be welcoming NYJO into their first permanent base at Woolwich Works with their new team.
NYJO's full statement: https://www.nyjo.org.uk/about/news/nyjo-announce-six-new-members-2021/